Monday, November 24, 2008

The Descriptionist

I’d been toying with the idea of writing a blog for a while now, and couldn’t quite figure out what I would write about. There are enough shopping, fashion, food, parenting…etc…blogs in the universe at this point. I wasn’t going to do anything unless it was moderately original, and relatively interesting. Both of which I am assuredly not.

My inner thoughts - professional or personal, didn’t really seem all that interesting, and it also seemed to be a little bit much. I only have 2 cents worth, and I’d like to keep 2 cents to myself, or at least to those that would appreciate those 2 cents. I’m not looking to build a fan club of my opinion.

So, riding the subway one day, it suddenly hit me what I should write about. I would be a ghost writer. Literally. An invisible person who is able to observe and impart that observation in print. And it was the sight of this woman sitting across for me on the subway that gave me that Eureka! moment. I was going to sit across from her for at least 30 mins; surely I could come away with enough to write a credible blog entry.

And so, that started this blog. It’s starting with descriptions of people, but I’m sure it’ll gradually morph to other entities; living or otherwise.

Shout out to Scott Schuman, The Satorialist. When I grow up I want to be just like him. And my only two German friends with their own blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment